Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I (heart) you

Beer.  As Homer Simpson said, “Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems

It turns out that making things talk to each other is heaps easier if you don’t crack open the ale first.  A few days away and a clear head tonight mean that within 10 minutes, everything is working perfectly.

So perfectly in fact that there’s there imminent risk of feature creep and really only the miniaturisation left to do (which I won’t trivialise because I’m sure I’ll mess up my veroboard layouts a time or two).

Be that as it may, it all works. 

I (heart) you from Simon Devlin on Vimeo.

My heart rate. This end has a Duemilanova with a MAX7219 LED driver powering an 8 LED level meter and a Nordic nRF2401 wireless link. The Nordic chipset receives 9600bps data from another Arduino (the host end, I suppose) equipped with a corresponding Nordic transceiver that reads serial data from a Suunto PC POD and acts as a relay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    I am trying to interface suunto HRM with arduino. I am having tough time with coding. It would be really kind if you can share your code. nisheethg@gmail.com


    Aspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if you could post your Arduino sketch, that would be awesome. I haven't found anyone else out there who has it working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What program did you write/run your code? C, Processing, Arduino? All examples I've found have been using C and I write using Processing and Arduino.

    ReplyDelete